(20) bursaries are awarded annually valued at five hundred
dollars ($500.00) each.
- Each bursary is paid directly to the Canadian Post Secondary
- A spouse, child or grandchild of an active TCRC Member is
eligible to apply for the annual bursary.
- Bursaries are not available to family members of National
Officers or staff.
- Each application for a bursary must be accompanied by a 500
word essay, typed, double spaced and 12 font size.
- Bursary is not carried over to the next year.
- Eligible applicant must be enrolled and accepted into a
recognized and certified Canadian Post Secondary Education
Deadline for applications is May 31 annually. The application
and essay must be received by mail or email in Ottawa by the May
- All decisions on the selection of successful applicants are
Subject of the essay:
‘‘In today’s society and work environment, unionized workers
are becoming less interested in being involved in work related issues
outside the workplace and disengaging when not at the work location.
What initiatives can labour unions develop to inspire, engage,
represent, and unite their memberships?’’
Complete this application,
attach a student prepared essay and mail or fax to:
TCRC National Bursary Program
Suite 1510 - 130 Albert Street Ottawa, ON
Fax: (613) 235-1069